Patient Access Representative – Per diem
Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, February 12, 2018
A member of Trinity Health, Holy Cross Hospital is a full-service, non-profit, Catholic, teaching hospital operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
This is per diem position on varied shifts without benefits. Associate will be expected to rotate weekends on a regular basis. This position is located at the Boca Urgent Care Centers.
Job Description Details:
- Register patients by obtaining necessary and accurate financial and demographic information.
- Receive, investigate and respond to various inquiries and questions in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Determine the financial status of the patient and or guarantor and complete all financial/insurance related functions and signatures.
- Communicate with third party payors, obtain insurance benefits and obtain insurance authorizations.
- Collect money due from patient at admission, or in ER setting, prior to discharge.
- Complete all necessary reports.
- Communicate with Case Management, Patient Financial Services and Self/Pay/Medicaid eligibility Team and all other departments when appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
Experience & Skills:
- Should possess extensive knowledge of intake and eligibility requirements for third party payors, Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care providers
- Excellent computer and communication skills
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation’s largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations – including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you’ll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Share this job
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Center
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Research Institute
- Michael & Dianne Bienes Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dorothy Mangurian Comprehensive Women's Center
- Zachariah Family Wellness Pavilion
- Orthopedic Institute
- Maternal/Child Health Services
- Outpatient Services & Centers
- Comprehensive Bariatric Services
- Harry T. Mangurian, Jr. Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Florida Health Finder