BSN NEW GRAD – NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, February 9, 2018
Apply for the April 4, 2018 Nurse Residency Program and you will see how this Program will maximize your skills and minimize your stress as you transition into a rewarding nursing career at Holy Cross Hospital. Encouraging professional growth is the driving force behind all of our accolades. That’s why we’re proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program for motivated new grads like you.
The Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program at Holy Cross assists new graduates entering the workforce transition safely and successfully into the role of a professional nurse. The program is recognized from the Joint Commission and the Institute of Medicine assists new graduates entering the workforce transition safely and successfully into the role of a professional nurse.
As a result of participating in the Holy Cross AACN Nurse Residency Program, the new graduate nurse will:
– Transition from advanced beginner toward competent professional nurse in the clinical environment
– Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
– Develop autonomy at the point of care
– Strengthen commitment to nursing as a professional career choice
– Formulate an individual development plan as related to their new clinical role
– Incorporate research-based evidence linked to outcomes in to practice
Job Description Details:
Mandatory Qualifications :
- New graduate of an accredited Florida Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing Program or Master’s entry into practice program with less that 6 months of acute care experience
- Florida RN licensure prior to hire
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- BLS through the American Heart Association
- Less than 6 months of acute care experience
- Two letters of reference (Must present if hired)
1) Clinical Instructor and 2) Professor & Official Transcript
- Willingness to commit to the one year necessary to complete the Residency Program plus one additional year of full time, continuous employment at Holy Cross Hospital
- Willingness to attend monthly 4-hour seminars for the duration of one year
- Willingness to adhere to all institutional guidelines as a member of the professional nursing staff
- Willingness to develop and utilize mentor relationships
- Willingness to participate actively in learning experiences, including evidence-based practice project that will be presented to nursing leadership at the conclusion of the program.
- Participation in Holy Cross Hospital Clinical Rotation
- Recommendation from Holy Cross Hospital Advanced Practice Nurse
- LPN, PCT and/or Clinical Volunteer Experience
- Member of student nurse association and/or Sigma Theta Tau
Key Curricular Threads:
- Critical thinking
- Patient safety – minimizing risk
- Research based practice
- Professional development
Please note: You do not need to apply for other RN positions on this website as all new graduates must be accepted into the Nurse Residency Program before they can be assigned to a specialty area. It is imperative that you include your GPA when applying for the program.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation’s largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations – including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you’ll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Share this job
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Center
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Research Institute
- Michael & Dianne Bienes Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dorothy Mangurian Comprehensive Women's Center
- Zachariah Family Wellness Pavilion
- Orthopedic Institute
- Maternal/Child Health Services
- Outpatient Services & Centers
- Comprehensive Bariatric Services
- Harry T. Mangurian, Jr. Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Florida Health Finder