Medical Office Assistant (Clinical) – OBGYN Office
Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, April 9, 2018
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health. As a part of Trinity Health, with 89,000 colleagues and more than 20,000 physicians / clinicians, we are united to serve our communities and advance our mission: \”to serve in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities\” and our vision \”to be the trusted health partner for life.\”
This is a FT position on day shift and is physically located at the OBGYN office. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
A Patient Care Coordinator has many roles in their position. They ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day while multitasking and taking initiative. They interview patients prior to or on the first office visit to verify demographic and financial information, while working within HCMG/hospital policies and procedures.Schedule/reschedule patient appointments as required.
Job Description Details:
- Registers/inputs patient demographics, Schedules/reschedules appointments as required, via PM (Practice Management) Scheduling System.
- Interviews patients/guarantors; Ensures smooth patient flow throughout the day. Answers phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles in the overall staffing plan.
- Renders consistent professional care to all patients.
- Assists physician/conducts treatments/procedures.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working and observes safe and accurate use of all medical devices.
- Administers injections as requested by Physician.
- Performs Waived Laboratory / Moderate Complexity tests following guidelines established CLIA.
* Grade of 80% or higher on Basic Medical Assistant test required
* Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting preferred
* Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes and health care insurance preferred
* Ability to calm patients by being supportive is necessary
* Good interpersonal skills for effective communication are necessary
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program required
* National Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required
* Current BLS from American Heart Association certification required
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation’s largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations – including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you’ll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Share this job
Jobs You Might Like
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Center
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Research Institute
- Michael & Dianne Bienes Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dorothy Mangurian Comprehensive Women's Center
- Zachariah Family Wellness Pavilion
- Orthopedic Institute
- Maternal/Child Health Services
- Outpatient Services & Centers
- Comprehensive Bariatric Services
- Harry T. Mangurian, Jr. Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Florida Health Finder