DIRECTOR – DEVELOPMENT
Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, January 3, 2018
Job Description Details:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet annual individual and team fundraising goals as determined by the Vice President
- Assist with planning and implementing donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities;
- Cultivate, solicit, and manage a portfolio of up to 120 prospects at the $10,000 level and above;
- Identify major gifts prospects. Write proposals. Close $2 million or more in gifts annually;
- Cultivate strong relationships with Holy Cross Hospital physicians and coordinate grateful patient program
- Prepare monthly and reports on major gifts fundraising activities and accomplishments;
- Conduct 10-12 donor visits monthly. Attends monthly hospital director meetings
- Coordinate donor recognition/donor relations and stewardship;
- Develop and recommend policies and recommendations to enhance major gifts fundraising;
- Represent Holy Cross Hospital via off-site presentations;
- Complete other projects as assigned by Vice President/Development;
- Travel as appropriate to meet with prospects and donors;
- Responsible for assisting the entire department, including coordinating special events, to reach financial goals.
- Oversees departmental budget
Reports to the Vice President for Development. Supervises 1 FTE Major Gifts Officer. Works independently and as part of a team.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required with 5-10 years’ experience with a track record of successful major gifts solicitations in $100,000+ donor category.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and managerial capabilities, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks also required. Fundraising experience in a healthcare setting a plus. Public speaking experience and effectiveness necessary, along with the ability to communicate and work with people of all levels. Must exercise significant judgment and confidentiality in working with prospects, volunteers and Institute staff. Some travel and evening and weekend work may be required. Microsoft Office Suite familiarity necessary.
Office in typical office setting. Some use of personal vehicle for business purposes may be required.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation’s largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations – including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you’ll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Share this job
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Center
- Jim Moran Heart & Vascular Research Institute
- Michael & Dianne Bienes Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dorothy Mangurian Comprehensive Women's Center
- Zachariah Family Wellness Pavilion
- Orthopedic Institute
- Maternal/Child Health Services
- Outpatient Services & Centers
- Comprehensive Bariatric Services
- Harry T. Mangurian, Jr. Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Florida Health Finder